Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Project with Handspun - Fingerless Gloves

I haven't knit much with my handspun because I am still learning and because it can be difficult to find appropriate patterns. It has to be the right gauge, of course, and something that looks great in the color of the handspun you've got. But, I don't have very big lots to work with, or different handspun that would work together combined in a garment. I checked out the Wraps Per Inch on my yarns that I wanted to use, checked out my patterns, and found a good match. I was happy to find a pattern for fingerless gloves that takes only about two ounces of worsted yarn. I must have started them at least 4 times, trying a couple of different cast-ons and couple of different needle sizes. I am happiest with the latest - the knit-on cast on, on size 6 US needles. Here you see the work in progess, knit on dpns from the wrist up. I will need to do another pattern repeat then knit flat in order to create the thumb hole. I'll likely post another pic once they are completed. It's a fun pattern, knits up pretty quickly and I think they'll be fun to wear.

No comments: