Sunday, September 28, 2008

End Result - The Sequel

I did more research to determine whether it's important to spin from a specific end of the fiber. I split a sliver of fiber into two parts, then deliberately spun from one end of the first part and the opposite end of the second part. In other words, part one was <======<, and part two was, >=====>. I did not detect a significant difference in how they spun up. What did make a different was pre-drafting the fiber. Pre-drafting seemed to me to make it easier to spin quickly. I think it also made it easier to avoid slubs. I know, Sue told me - and she was right!

1 comment:

lacinitting said...

Hmmm, let me think now...I did say pre-drafting was a good thing right!! But there are still some spinnners out there that do not pre-draft and have great success! So we both were right!! Sue