Sunday, September 28, 2008
End Result - The Sequel
I did more research to determine whether it's important to spin from a specific end of the fiber. I split a sliver of fiber into two parts, then deliberately spun from one end of the first part and the opposite end of the second part. In other words, part one was <======<, and part two was, >=====>. I did not detect a significant difference in how they spun up. What did make a different was pre-drafting the fiber. Pre-drafting seemed to me to make it easier to spin quickly. I think it also made it easier to avoid slubs. I know, Sue told me - and she was right!