- Socializing I love an opportunity to chat and joke while I have something to occupy my hands.
- Creativity I can create decorative yarns with unique colors and textures for my knitting.
- Economy I have found that you can save some money spinning your own yarn for your fiber projects. And, for the same money, you get to enjoy the fiber while spinning, and again while knitting it up or whatever.
- Equipment Right now I'd better admit to being somewhat into the technology. I have had quite a bit of fun comparing the way different spinning wheels work and the comparative advantages. What I really appreciate, though, are the simplicity of the mechanisms and the ingenuity of the designs.
- Challenge For me spinning presents an enjoyable challenge as I learn about different fiber blends and spinning techniques.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Your mileage may vary, but I sure love spinning. Why?